Chef Michael Beltran’s Ariete adds an air of refinement to Coconut Grove not seen since the days when industrialist James Deering caroused its shores. Ariete serves dishes like foie gras with smoked plantains, but there’s something more than fancy amid the elegance offered by Beltran, who trained under chefs Norman Van Aken and Michael Schwartz. The Little Havana native twists bits of Cuba and France into every dish, just the way his grandparents taught him. A meal ends with tres leches, and you won’t stop thinking about the sweet treat until the next time you visit Ariete. New Normal: Ariete’s lush, outdoor patio is great for those who prefer not to dine indoors.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 5-10 p.m.; Friday 5-11 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-11 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Private Group Dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup