Holy August, is that you?
Hard to believe that it's been six days already since the eighth month of the year crept in and dumped a bucket of humidity on South Florida.
Come to think of it, time really does fly when you're stuck at an office desk for the better part of nine hours a day, slaving under the fluorescent lights of America's corporate culture and drinking coffee by the pot.
Aren't weekends refreshing?
Here's a list of some of the gnarliest events going down in our city today through Sunday.
- Miami Dolphins vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers: It's football (pre) season, y'all. We've missed tailgating and complaining 'bout the ownerships.
- Ketchy Shuby at Bardot: Catchy name, Ketchy music. Gotta love Fridays.
- Sammy Figueroa And the Latin Jazz Explosion: ¿Como? Indulge in some rhythm this weekend.
- Ife-Ile Afro-Cuban Dance Festival: 14-years and counting, the Ife-Ile Afro-Cuban is one of the best festivals in Miami.
- Second Saturday Art Walk: It's back! Works by Marilyn Manson, Banksy, and others will be on view this weekend 'round Wynwood.
- Comedy Night at The Museum: Science is funny. And so is comedy. Why not marry the two?
- Derby Baby: A Story of Love, Addiction, and Rink Rash: There's more to Roller Derby than tough chicks and tattoos, and this documentary proves it.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The Hamlet Dog and Pony Show: You've had several opportunities to catch the show, but this is your absolute last.
- Summer Sundays: There are only a few more Summer Sundays left, so make the most of this one.
- Kulcha Shok Muzik: South Beach's best reggae night, plain and simple.