The holiday season is the perfect time to treat yourself and let your cares fade away before the beginning of a new year. A great way to embrace well-being is a spa break, and local spots have transformed into bona fide holiday destinations by offering festive specials with holiday twists — such as chocolate, peppermint, pumpkin, and other seasonal ingredients added to treatments — to help you relax, rejuvenate, and unwind as you look forward to 2019.
Signature massages, body treatments, facials, pedicures — there's something for everyone in the following list of holiday spa treatments. Prices do not include tax or tip, so be sure to ask about those when booking.
1. Agua Spa at the Delano. Celebrate a new year and a new you at the Delano with the 80-minute Treat Thyself package, comprising a strawberry facial and a chocolate body wrap. With antioxidants and astringent and anti-inflammatory properties, strawberries are said to help slow aging, and the chocolate body heat wrap is saturated with a vitamin-enriched formula to enhance the tone and firmness of the skin. The $220 treatment includes a glass of champagne and a sweet treat. Through February 28 at 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-6100; morganshotelgroup.com.
2. Âme Spa and Wellness Collective. Relax in tranquility at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa with the 80-minute 'Tis the Season to Sparkle, a citrus-drench scrub, followed by the Fijian body butter massage ($205). Or indulge in the Fitness Wonderland, an 80-minute deep-tissue or sports massage to soothe tense and aching muscles, combined with cryotherapy to boost your energy, metabolism, and improve circulation ($215). Services include the use of the Âme Wellness Circuit Experience — a fitness center featuring state-of-the-art equipment and Zumba, yoga, and indoor cycling classes. Through December 31 at 19999 W. Country Club Dr., Miami; 305-933-6930; amewelness.com.
3. The Spa at the Confidante Miami Beach. This hotel’s rooftop spa offers private, air-conditioned treatment cabanas, relaxation areas, and a fitness terrace overlooking Mid-Beach. A great treatment choice is the tropical cacao scrub, a 50-minute full-body scrub to improve blood circulation and skin cleansing using edible, earth-based ingredients. You'll be scrubbed with a product created exclusively for the hotel by Miami’s first bean-to-bar chocolate factory,
4. Esencia Wellness Spa at Eden Roc. Holistic wellness is the main focus at this spa, and December offerings include the Winter Bliss body treatment — 110 minutes of a relaxing massage and a full-body wrap with green clay to regenerate, oxygenate, and deeply balance skin ($320). The Winter Wonderland massage is a 50-minute hot-stone massage with aromatherapy eucalyptus oil to relieve deep-muscle tension ($180). Prices include a Christmas mimosa. Through December 31 at 4525 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 786-801-6886; edenrochotelmiami.com.
5. The Palms Hotel & Spa. Throughout December, guests at the Palms who purchase a 50-minute treatment receive a second at half-price. You could opt for the
6. Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove. The Winter Spa Splendor list of treatments at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove includes a full-body 80-minute peppermint scrub enhanced by warm Vichy Raindrop therapy to boost skin radiance ($230) and the A "Knot" So Frosty Touch, a 50-minute muscle-relief massage and a warm-stone enhancement to ease tension ($150). The 50-minute Mistletoes manicure and pedicure incorporates peppermint into the treatment ($110), and the Melt Away uses chocolate oils to enhance an 80-minute hot-stone massage ($210). 300 SW 27th Ave., Coconut Grove; 305-644-4680; ritzcarlton.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne. Located in
8. The Wellness Center of London Square. In West Kendall, the Wellness Center provides customized medical and spa services, including a holiday 50-minute Peppermint Bliss