It's summer. The Heat are victorious. Our city may fall into the sea in 15 years. All things considered, seems like the perfect time to adopt a YOLO mentality.
So even though the weekend's over, the week is just beginning -- and it kicks off with a Heat championship parade. So don your red, white, and black attire and make the most of the next five days. Wade would want it that way.
- Heat Championship Parade in Downtown: Pots, pans, screaming fans. It's a rare chance (less rare when you're from the 305!) to revel in championship city status. Screw work, this is worth a sick day.
- Eco-Art Camp at Miami Beach Botanical Garden: If you've got little ones liberated from school for the next few months, we pity you. Luckily, this eco-art class will keep 'em busy -- at least on Wednesday afternoons. And you can stroll the gardens for free, grown-up style.
- Reggae Thursdays at Sweet Saloon: It's summertime, which means reggae tunes are our unofficial soundtrack for almost everything. Score a sweet treat and $2 drafts and hear some summer-style steel drums.
- Mingling at the Market at Whole Foods Pinecrest: Sip wine, nosh on (undoubtedly healthy) apps and listen to tunes. Sure, you'll probably come away with $200 in groceries, but at least you'll score some free vino and maybe a phone number or two.
- Live Tunes at Dolphin Mall: There's no better escape from the sweltering summer temps than a mall, where you can overspend instead of overheating. Hear Axel Aleman play tunes while you shop till you drop.