If you're attending the countless Winter Music Conference events starting tomorrow, and the frighteningly huge Ultra Music Festival this weekend, you're going to need all the extra money you can get. Instead of vegging out before the big shows, we suggest gradually upping your activities to build endurance. With these entertaining and free events — including another music festival — you'll be flush and ready for whatever the weekend brings.
FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami Beach on Ocean Drive: Honor Miami Beach's 100th year with a week of fashion, celebs, art, and music.
- Musicians' Forum at New World Symphony: Hear the favorites works of NWS' talented fellows.
- Maria Elena Ortiz at Locust Projects: Locust's latest roundtable, Curating in Mexican Heat, highlights the hurdles artists face in curating and creating art, from dwindling budgets to politics.
- Despicable Me 2 at SoundScape: Catch the second round of Gru and everyone's favorite minions.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Hard Rock Rising Music Festival on Ocean Drive: Flo Rida, Wyclef Jean, Andrea Bocelli, Barry Gibb, and her majesty, Gloria Estefan, will jam till midnight.
- Vani Hari at Books & Books: The GMO-attacker and food activist presents her book, The Food Babe Way.
Viernes Culturales in Little Havana: Dance. Booze. Food. Cigars.
- In the Trenches at Wolfsonian: This double feature of Yankee Doodle in Berlin (1919) and She Goes to War (1929) is the grand finale of Wolfsonian's WWI film series curated and introduced by chief librarian Frank Luca.