June was one of this year's most active months for restaurants. Notable openings include La Moderna, straight from Roma; Tantalize supper club; and chef Klime Kovaceski's Crust. Although technically open for a few months, Tom Colicchio's Beachcraft finally began serving dinner, and Kylie Jenner helped open Sugar Factory's first Miami Beach location at Hotel Victor.
Miami closings this month were shocking and abrupt. Top Chef Fabio Viviani's Siena Tavern and Ted's at YoungArts both shuttered after short six-month runs, and Campania in the Design District closed after only five months. Epicure Market in Coral Gables shut down after a year and a half. A message says they would like to thank Coral Gables. The Miami Beach and Sunny Isles Beach locations continue to thrive. FInally, OTC stopped operating, with the promise of a new concept being opened by owner Michael Sullivan. He made good on that promise with the announcement that Golden Fig would open later this summer in the same space.
- AC Hotel (2912 Collins Ave., Miami Beach)
Café Pastis Downtown
- Deck Sixteen at Hyatt Centric South Beach (1600 Collins Ave., Miami Beach)
Freshii at International Mall
Jugofresh North Miami Beach
- La Divina (1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami)
La Fresa Francesa Petit Café
My Ceviche Coral Gables
Sugar Factory at Hotel Victor
- Tantalize (330 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach)
- Barceloneta South Miami
- Epicure Market Coral Gables
- Fish Fish
- Orange Café
- Pi Pizzeria
- Serendipity 3
- Siena Tavern
- Ted's at YoungArts
- 9 Beach - Restaurant/lounge opening in South Beach.
- Aldi - Low-cost market coming to Biscayne Boulevard.
- Amsterdam Falafelshop - Opening in Miami.
- Apeiro Kitchen & Bar - Coming to midtown.
- BaZi - The Macchialina team opening an Asian concept.
- Bachour Bakery & Bistro - The master baker opens a bistro.
- Bake House - Opening in Miami Beach.
- Beacon Hill Chocolates - Opening in MiMo District.
- Bikini Barista - coming to midtown.
- Brasserie Azur - The Villa Azur people opening a spot in midtown.
- Byblos - Opening at the Royal Palm Miami.
- Centro Taco - Richard Hales opening a taco restaurant.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Choices Cafe - Opening in Coconut Grove.
- Continental - Stephen Starr's retro Philadelphia restaurant coming to Miami.
- Della Bowls - Plant-based fast-casual.
- Dirt - Sustainable food coming to SoBe.
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice - Ice bar opening in South Beach.
- Estefan Kitchen - Gloria and Emilio are at it again.
- Faena Hotel - Several restaurants opening.
- Farinelli 1937 - Upscale pizza by the owners of Strada.
- Firito Taco - Opening on 79th St.
- Freddo Helado - Opening second location in Brickell and one in Doral.
- Freshii - Opening a third location at Dadeland Mall.
- Golden Fig - Opening in former OTC space.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Harry's Pizzeria - Chef Michael Schwartz to open location in Coconut Grove.
- Hot Satellite - Opening in Miami.
- Izzy's Fish & Oyster - Chef Jamie DeRosa plans a New England fish shack.
- Jimmy'z Kitchen - Opening in Brickell.
- Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen - From the My Ceviche team.
- Le Macaron - Opening at Dadeland and other locations.
- Lewellyn's Chicken & Biscuits - 50 Eggs doing fast casual chicken near UM.
- The Lunchbox - Opening in Wynwood.
- McAlister's Deli - Deli chain opening in Miami.
- Milk Burger - New York burger joint teasing us with hints of a Miami location.
- Mister Block - Coffee shop in Wynwood.
- My Ceviche - Coming to midtown and Miami International Airport.
- NaiYaRa - Chef Bee to open Thai Asian street food bistro in SoBe.
- Nobu - Famed chef opens restaurant on Miami Beach.
- Itabe - Kevin Aoki and Roman Jones collaborate on a restaurant.
- Paraiso Bay Restaurant and Beach Club - Michael Schwartz opening a restaurant at this Edgewater complex.
- Panther Coffee - Opening in MiMo, and Little Haiti.
- PB Station - The Pubbelly Boys open in Miami.
- Persona Pizzeria - California chain coming to Miami.
- Phuc Yea! - Popular pop-up opening in MiMo
- Pisco y Nazca Ceviche Gastrobar - From the folks at Bulla.
- Quinto La Huella - Uruguay's Parador La Huella coming to Miami.
- Paulie Gee's Brooklyn Pizza -Coming to Upper Eastside.
- Pincho Factory - Opening another location in Hialeah.
- Revolution in Bloom - Vegan and vegetarian cuisine.
- Sugar Factory - Opening on Lincoln Road.
- Sullivan St. Bakery - Opening in Little Haiti.
- Sunny's - Spike Mendelsohn opening a place at The Hall Hotel on South Beach.
- The Spillover - LoKal explores the sea.
- Sweet Liberty Drink & Supply Company - Mixologist John Lermayer and partners to open a cocktail lounge.
- Talde - Dale Talde to open Asian-inspired cuisine at Thompson Miami Beach Hotel.
- Tanuki - From Moscow to South Beach.
- Tap 42 -Fort Lauderdale gastropub opening in Coral Gables.
- Toasted Bagels - Coming to Coral Gables.
- Tobacco Road - New and improved Road opening this winter.
- Total Wine & More - Opening in South Beach.
- Tutto Il Giorno - Authentic Italian fare coming soon.
- Vice City Bean - Coffee House opening in the Arts & Entertainment District.
- Wapo Taco - Opening in Coral Gables.
- Which Wich - Opening several locations in Miami.
- Whole Foods Market - proposed mega store in Sunset Harbour.
- Wynwood Diner - Classic diner and cocktails opening in Wynwood.
- Zest - Cindy Hutson opening a restaurant and fast-casual concept.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
Projects in the Works
- Steve Martorano is closer to opening a Miami Beach location.
- Jugofresh's Matthew Sherman and Darren Laszlo plan to open new concept in Sunset Harbour.
- Chef Alex Stupak is shopping for a location in Miami for a taco restaurant.
- Joel Robuchon and Jean-George Vongerichten are both opening eateries in the Design District
- Arjun Wanjey, partner at Zuma and Coya, will open a French restaurant in Brickell in the coming year.