10. Cucu Diamantes. With Alaín Perez. Thursday, December 3, to Saturday, December 5, 9 and 11:30 p.m. El Tucán, 1111 SW First Ave., Miami; 305-535-0065; eltucanmiami.com. Tickets cost $20 plus fees via ticketleap.com. Ages 21 and up.
Art Basel Miami Beach is as much about music as it is about art. And for its first-ever ABMB, El Tucán is celebrating with three nights of música featuring Grammy-nominated
Israeli party boy Guy Gerber will be crashing the 1 Hotel South Beach this week for Basel. "I like making music that has more essence and isn’t a tool, per se," the DJ recently told New Times. "A club track is a tool with a proper intro, middle, and ending. It has to have the proper beginning and ending so other DJs can work with it. I want something that will stand the test of time." Let's hope this week's set goes down in history.
8. Miami Hearts Design. Hosted by Karelle Levy with a KRELwear living installation and music by Afrobeta, Millionyoung, and Bedside. Friday, December 4, 7 to 11 p.m. Presented by Superfine! House of Art and Design, the Citadel, 8300 NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-555-5555; madeatthecitadel.com. Tickets $15 plus fees via superfine.design/tickets.
Located in "the intersection of high-impact contemporary art and dynamic and inspired design," Superfine! "transcends the usual art and design event by creating a fully immersive environment designed to maximize interaction with diverse publics." And during the Miami Hearts Design showcase, the collective is inviting the creatives of the city to check out a 3,000-square-foot installation by artist Diego Montoya while vibing out to fresh tunes by Afrobeta, Millionyoung, and Bedside.
7. Crew Love Art Basel. With Soul Clap, PillowTalk (live), Nick Monaco, Navid Izadi, Jeremy Ismael, and Miami Players Club. Saturday, December 5, 7 p.m. Electric Pickle, 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-456-5613; electricpicklemiami.com. Tickets $25 plus fees via residentadvisor.net.
"First Ya Gotta Shake the Gate," then you gotta do the Running Man and finish off with the MC Hammer dance. That, friends, is the key to crashing the Crew Love Art Basel rager. With funky tunes by Soul Clap, PillowTalk, Nick Monaco, Navid Izadi, Jeremy Ismael, and Miami Players Club, you'll be dancin' from dusk to dawn.
Hard 2 Leave always makes it, well, Hard 2 Leave. And as the last Art Basel party of 2015, the Team No Sleep crew at E11even Miami is bringing Fool's Gold DJ A-Trak to the Magic City for one last night of shenanigans. Long live Basel!
5. DJ Mustard & Fabolous. Saturday, December 5, 9 p.m. Toejam Backlot, 150 NW 21st St., Miami; 305-759-9954; toejambacklot.com. RSVP via CLSoundtrack@fresh.guestcode.com.
Fool's Gold Day Off may have landed in Miami three months earlier than anticipated, but that's not stopping Fool's Gold party alumnus DJ Mustard from twerkin' it up in the 305 during Basel. As much as the hip-hop junkie loves a good rager, though, he'd rather do it with a friend. That's why he's bringing Fabolous along for the fun.
4. Life and Death Art Basel. With Tale of Us, Mind Against, Thugfucker, and special guest Richie Hawtin. Presented by PL0T and III Points. Thursday, December 3, 9 p.m. Mana Wynwood, 318 NW 23rd St., Miami; 305-573-0371; manawynwood.com. Tickets $55 to $66 plus fees via residentadvisor.net.
It really isn't Miami Art Week without a proper Life and Death showcase. Kick off the festivities with one of your
3. Giorgio Moroder. With Horse Meat Disco and DJ Spincer Tracy. Hosted by Yabu Pushelberg. Thursday, December 3, 11 p.m. Basement Miami, 2901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 786-257-4548; basementmiami.com. RSVP is required via firstname.lastname@example.org. Ages 21 and up.
Giorgio Moroder needs no introduction. At 75 years old, the man is one of the 20th Century's most influential record producers, who's worked with everyone from Donna Summer to Debbie Harry to David Bowie. While he's been turning knobs and producing music in the studio for decades, the music vet, as discussed in our interview with the legend last year, is "now getting behind the decks to DJ, which started in 2013 with an appearance at a Red Bull Music Academy event at Output in New York." And this week, the music icon will be back in the Magic City for Art Basel's always memorable Horse Meat Disco party, happening this year at Basement.
2. III Points Art Basel Concert Series. With Jamie xx and Four Tet. Friday, December 4, 10 p.m. Tickets cost $25 to $400 plus fees via showclix.com. Ages 18 and up. With A$AP Rocky, Kaytranada, and STWO. Saturday, December 5, 10 p.m. Tickets cost $55 to $65 plus fees via showclix.com. Ages 18 and up. Mana Wynwood, 318 NW 23rd St., Miami; 305-573-0371; manawynwood.com.
If III Points is involved, good music is a given. Just take a look at this year's music festival and 2014's III Points Art Basel Concert Series. The inaugural showcase brought FKA twigs, Clams Casino, James Blake, Airhead, SBTRKT, and A$AP Ferg to YoungArts. And for 2015, the crew over at III Points will be bringing Jamie xx, Four Tet, A$AP Rocky, Kaytranada, and STWO to Mana Wynwood.
1. Casa Bacardi. With Swizz Beatz, Alicia Keys, Pusha T, DMX, Wiz Khalifa, and more. Thursday, December 3, through Saturday, December 5, at Casa Bacardi, 35 NE 29th St., Miami. Ticket info to be announced.
Swizz Beatz and Bacardi have teamed up for what might just be the best musical lineup of Art Basel. During the day, Casa Bacardi — as the event is called — will serve as an art fair during the day, but when the sun goes down, it's turning into one of hell of a concert series. Mr. Beatz has called an impressive amount of friends (and his superstar wife) to join him for a three-day lineup that includes Alicia Keys, Pusha T, DMX, and Wiz Khalifa. Just check out the schedule below, and try not to dance in your seat.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Thursday, December 3
Friday, December 4
Saturday, December 5
Swizz Beatz & DMX
Wiz Khalifa (DJ Set)