Thousands of art lovers and party animals from around the globe flock to Miami and Miami Beach this week for the year's biggest bacchanal. There will be parties on the beach, concerts on every corner, and restaurants opened especially for the event. Millions of dollars will be spent on the work of big-name and emerging artists in just three days. So prepare yourself; then let the games begin.
- As Wynwood rents rise, galleries relocate to Little Haiti.
- Art Basel looks bigger than ever in 2015, with 4,000 artists and 267 exhibitors from 32 countries.
- Visitors can expect to see plenty of work by female artists, figurative painting, music-art collaborations, and photography.
- Local artist Magnus Sodamin takes over Wynwood Walls with bursts of color, smudged flowers, and slowly changing
lightthat alters the appearance of the surrounding.
- Despite the show at the convention center and the allure of the surrounding satellite fairs, Miami's galleries and museums put on a not-to-be-missed spectacle.
- Here's your definitive Art Basel 2015 party guide.
- From Alicia Keys to Jamie xx, these are the Art Basel concerts you don't want to miss.
- Sorry, but you probably won't be getting into these eight parties this week.
- The best new restaurants for the fairs range from molecular gastronomy in Wynwood to celebrity chefs on the Beach.
- There's high-quality, low-priced chow near almost all the fairs.
- Plenty of restaurants are popping up around Miami and Miami Beach for Art Basels.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!