Recipe: Fado's Guinness Bloody Mary for St. Patrick's Day Breakfast
Courtesy of Fado Irish Pub
The days leading up to St. Paddy's Day are a free-for-all when it comes to boozy beverages. And frankly, the Jameson gets old after awhile. Luckily, there are other ways to enjoy your favorite Irish bevvies besides via shot glass.
The folks at Brickell's Fado Irish Pub were nice enough to share their recipe for an epically delicious Guinness bloody mary -- the perfect break from whiskey-and-green-beer overload.
Guinness Bloody Mary
- 2 oz Stolichnaya Hot vodka (Jalapeno Flavor)
- 3 oz Zing Zang bloody mary mix (alternatively, you can make your own with tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, your favorite hot sauce, black pepper, celery salt, steak sauce, and vegetable juice)
- ½ oz of Guinness
- Ccouple dashes of Tabasco (optional)
- ¼ tablespoon horseradish (optional)
Shake or stir all ingredients, pour over ice, and garnish with celery, olives, lemon, and lime. Drink. Be merry. (If it's too spicy, add lemon/lime juice.)
For those who'd rather get it straight from the source, Fado serves 'em beginning around 11:30 a.m. daily. And if you want to join them for the big day, they're having a "Lost Weekend celebration" March 16 and 17.
Saturday, AKA St. Practice Day, they'll be showing Six Nations Rugby matches starting at 10:30 a.m. and live music beginning at 6 p.m. There'll be a $10 cover starting at 9 p.m.
Sunday, "Kegs & Eggs" kicks off at 8 a.m., and there'll be a $20 cover starting at 1:30 p.m. for inside only (no cover for the outdoor festival). They'll offer drink specials all day and live music starting at 1 p.m. Check out their website for additional details.
Follow Hannah on Twitter @hannahalexs.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hurricane Party and Survival Tips From Miami's Best Chefs
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami Dolphins Get Stadium, Food Upgrades: Sloppy Joe's, Versailles, Bodega Taqueria y...
- Stripsteak Brunch: Braised Bacon, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, and an Endless Dessert...