Are you a victim of hyperpigmentation? Playing sports in the sun without protection or simply not taking care of your skin properly?
From exfoliating regularly to slathering homemade face masks, the pursuit of radiant, even-toned skin can feel never-ending.
Whether you have dark spots on your forehead or a few sunspots appearing on your cheeks, you may be searching for a whitening cream.
However, skin whitening ingredients have had a bad reputation; hydroquinone is to blame; when used in the long term, it is toxic and may cause premature aging and darken the skin.
Do not worry. Natural skin whitening ingredients that are safe are available and work just like synthetic ones but without the side effects.
Here are the best skin whitening creams that will whiten your skin tone naturally, giving you a flawless look.
Let's jump right in.
1. Zeta White: Click here to check price
2. Meladerm: Click here to check price
3. Amaira Natural Lightening Serum: Click here to check price
The trusted skincare brand Zeta White provides a solution for all your skin needs: sun spots, discoloration, uneven skin tone, and acne scars.
It comes in a 3 step lightening system-face wash, moisturizer and night cream-that work synergistically to offer everything you need to whiten your skin in as little as 3 weeks of use.
Zeta White is suitable for both men and women and works on all skin types, including dark skin.
It contains 100% natural ingredients that are safe for lightening your skin. The products are free from hydroquinone which may cause skin irritation, increased skin sensitivity to sun exposure, and uneven skin pigmentation.
Zeta White face wash is the foundation for lighter skin. It is enriched with papaya extract to whiten the skin naturally and lemon extracts to reduce melanin production. The lightening moisturizer contains licorice which shields the skin against UV rays and brightens the skin. On top of that, the night cream is packed with allantoin, which removes dead skin cells and promotes skin rejuvenation.
Use the face wash twice daily, followed by a moisturizer in the morning and the night cream in the evening.
You should expect the following benefits:
• It lightens and brightens the skin with no harsh side effects.
• It removes dead skin cells and renews new ones.
• It evens out your skin tone.
• It cleans and nourishes the skin.
• It hydrates the skin making it soft, supple, and youthful.
• Offers 24/7 skin protection and repair it continually.
• It is suitable for all skin tones, vegans, women, and men.
• It also addresses other skin problems such as eczema.
• It is infused with potent fruit-based extracts that naturally lighten and brighten the skin.
• It can be used to whiten the whole body.
• It protects the skin from sun damage.
• Comes in a 3 step lightening system
• Contains 95% organic ingredients
• Works day and night
• 100% money-back guarantee
• Easy to use
• Free worldwide shipping
• Free of sulfates, parabens, alcohol, and hydroquinone
• Suitable for all skin types
• Vegan friendly
• Must be used continually to maintain results
• May initially cause discomfort such as redness
Meladerm is a well-known skin whitening cream by Civant Skin Care. With a combination of natural ingredients, this cream helps to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone, freckles, dark spots, age spots, and melasma without causing any harmful side effects.
It works on all skin types; you can safely use Meladerm on your face or any desired body parts twice a day and experience noticeable results in about 2-3 months of regular use.
Meladerm cream is free from hydroquinone, mercury, sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and mineral oil, making it safe to use on any skin tone. Besides, it comes with an airless dispenser which helps to prevent ingredients from contaminating with air. Sensitive ingredients such as arbutin and kojic acid may easily oxidize with air, losing their efficacy.
At the initial days of application, some individuals may experience slight redness, peeling, or darkening of the treated spots as the skin adjusts to the product. Do not worry; this is entirely normal.
You should wear sunscreen while using this product because it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun.
You should expect the following benefits:
• It reduces skin discoloration, dark spots and regenerates new skin cells for a more youthful appearance.
• It includes potent moisturizers that protect the skin from irritation.
• It protects ingredients from contamination.
• It explicitly targets locations that have excessive melanin.
• It exfoliates the skin; therefore, removing dirt from skin pores.
• It gets rid of scars and marks.
• It suppresses the production of melanin.
• It offers anti-aging, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
• It boosts self-confidence due to radiant and spotless skin.
• It is uniquely formulated to help the skin preserve the highest concentration of vital ingredients.
• Uses effective and organic ingredients such as mulberry extracts, Vitamin A and E, licorice, and Gigawhite, which do not harm the skin
• Slight chance of allergic reactions
• Convenient skin whitening cream; suitable for all skin types
• Affordable compared to other skin whitening treatments
• Offers quick and permanent results
• Comes with a one-month refund policy
• Suitable for both men and women
• Contains the most potent combination of skin lightening ingredients than other brands
• The airless pump dispenser protects the ingredients from contamination
• No harsh ingredients
• May take a long time to notice results in highly dark areas
• Makes skin sensitive to sunlight
Amaira natural lightening serum is a safe skin whitening solution formulated by Amaira Natural Skin Care, based in California.
It is an advanced skin lightening composition featuring orchid, glycolic acid, kojic acid, and mulberry extract designed to lighten intimate areas and other dark body parts.
It helps to reduce the appearance of age spots, birthmarks, acne scars, underarm darkening, and lighten genital dark skin tone. You will notice significant changes in the dark spots or scars on your body within 6 weeks. Some individuals may see changes as soon as 2 weeks.
Amaira promises to even out your skin tone and reduce hyperpigmentation, making the skin 3 shades lighter. It is formulated for both men and women and works well on sensitive skin.
This serum contains the mulberry extract that reduces the appearance of wrinkles by boosting fibrillin and inhibits melanin production by almost 50 percent, resulting in less discoloration. Dendrobium phalaenopsis is a renowned skin moisturizer. Other ingredients work in synergy to repair and protect damaged skin, decrease fine lines, brighten the skin, and remove dead skin cells.
Amaira lightening serum formula contains all-natural ingredients and is free from parabens, perfumes, hydroquinone, and other harsh chemicals.
Apply twice daily, preferably morning and evening, on desired parts for maximum results.
You should expect the following benefits:
• It can be safely used in intimate areas.
• It suppresses melanin production and removes dead skin cells.
• It removes dark spots, birthmarks, and melasma, even on sensitive skin.
• It can be used by men and women.
• It works quickly and provides long-lasting results.
• It boosts your confidence with a more even skin tone.
• It is free from hydroquinone; therefore, you don't have to worry about skin damage.
• It has anti-aging ingredients that promote a youthful complexion.
• It tightens the skin from the inside resulting in an effective whitening process.
• Safe to use in intimate areas
• Contains natural plant-based ingredients
• Manufactured in an FDA-approved facility
• 60-day money-back guarantee
• Easy application
• Suitable for all skin types
• Makes the skin more sensitive to sunlight
• Relatively small bottles for those who require heavy use
Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition that causes patches of skin to appear darker than the rest of your skin tone. The dark spots are caused by an overproduction of melanin, the skin pigment responsible for normal skin color. It can result from skin aging, sun damage, trauma like acne scars or burns, medical conditions, or hormonal fluctuation.
It is quite common among individuals and affects all skin types. Pigmentation is more likely to affect more exposed areas to sunlight, including the face, neck, arms, and legs.
It can be superficial, located on epidermal layers, or even deeper in the skin. The good news, it is mostly harmless.
An overabundance of melanin leads to deposits in the skin resulting in patches of discoloration. Hyperpigmentation appears in different ways; here is a list of the most common ones.
Melasma appears as gray-brown splotchy patches that are irregular in size and shape. They mainly occur on the sides of the face, cheeks, above the lip, forehead, and upper part of the nose.
It is prevalent during pregnancy and when taking contraceptives. However, it can show up in women without any hormonal explanation. Sun exposure makes this hyperpigmentation incredibly worse.
Sunspots present as small, flat, dark spots on the face, chest, and hands. They are common among middle-aged and older individuals and are linked to increased sun exposure with time.
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation occurs as flat brown spots anywhere on the face due to injury to the skin. It primarily affects individuals who have sensitive skin and are prone to scarring. This means that rashes, acne, or even chemical peels may cause discoloration in the area of trauma.
Individuals with dark skin have a higher chance of developing this type of hyperpigmentation. Some medications, chemicals, and sun exposure may worsen the spots.
Freckles appear as concentrated brown small spots on the face, arms, and chest. They occur more in lighter skin tones due to exposure to sunlight and can present at any age.
Hyperpigmentation appears due to an increase in melanin production. Various factors may prompt an increase in melanin production, including sun exposure, hormonal fluctuations, skin injuries, age, and certain medications.
Sun exposure is the chief cause of hyperpigmentation. Primarily, sunlight activates the release of melanin, which acts as a natural sunscreen against harmful UV rays. However, excess production may cause hyperpigmentation.
Hormonal changes may cause a type of hyperpigmentation known as melasma. It mostly affects women during pregnancy. Female sex hormones progesterone and estrogen trigger excessive melanin production after skin sun exposure.
Also, some hormone treatments such as birth control pills may cause hyperpigmentation.
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is caused by skin injury, including acne, chemical exposure, burns, and cuts. Injury to the skin triggers more melanin production to heal the wound and repair the skin.
As you age, melanin-producing cells reduce. However, the remaining ones increase in size and tend to be scattered and more pronounced. This explains the more distinct age spots in women above 40. However, age spots are accelerated by heavy sun exposure.
Some medications and diseases have been seen to increase skin discoloration. For instance, some chemotherapy drugs may cause hyperpigmentation, while others may increase your sensitivity to sunlight.
There are various treatment methods and home remedies that individuals can use to lighten dark patches of skin, including cosmetic procedures, and natural remedies such as licorice, aloe vera, Vitamin C, and green tea.
Besides, it would help if you avoid exposure to the sun and picking at the skin to prevent hyperpigmentation and stop it from worsening.
Skin whitening creams are products that lighten the skin tone using an active or a combination of ingredients to suppress melanin production, protect the skin from UV rays and rejuvenate skin cells.
They remove discoloration, dark spots, blemishes, acne scars from the face, and other affected body parts. Besides, they exfoliate and moisturize the skin giving it a youthful glow and offer anti-aging benefits.
The above listed creams contain a blend of organic ingredients that naturally whiten the skin without the harmful side effects.
They are free from harmful chemicals, perfumes, parabens, and hydroquinone and are cruelty-free.
These creams work by inhibiting melanin production. Melanin is the pigment produced in skin cells (melanocytes and stored in melanosomes) and gives the skin its color. When in excess, it may cause discoloration to the skin.
They suppress melanin by reducing melanosomes and inhibiting tyrosine, an amino acid that activates melanin synthesis.
Besides, they contain other organic extracts that promote new skin cell growth, prevent oxidative stress, remove dead cells to brighten the skin, offer anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, and moisturize the skin protecting it from sun damage.
Yes, these products are suitable for both men and women who want to lighten their complexion or treat certain dark spots.
In fact, they are recommended for individuals above the age of 12, except for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
However, results vary within individuals, and men may not attain the same lightening effect as women on their complexion, especially if they have stubble. All in all, these whitening creams use ingredients that are safe for any gender.
Do I need a doctor's consultation to use skin whitening creams?
No, these are natural products designed to be used at home without consultation or prescription. They have little to no side effects; thus, they are completely safe to use.
They are formulated using natural ingredients supported by science to lighten, exfoliate and moisturize the skin naturally.
However, if you react to any of the organic components, discontinue use. Consult your physician if you have other underlying skin conditions before using them.
Absolutely yes! You can use other products such as cleansers, toners, moisturizers, and sunscreen while using these creams. But, you should wait at least 10-20 minutes after applying the whitening cream to allow it to absorb.
However, do not use two whitening creams at the same time. It is advisable to use a single product at a time to attain maximum results.
These products increase the skin’s sensitivity to sunlight; hence, you should always wear sunscreen.
Can breastfeeding mothers use skin whitening creams?
These creams have ingredients derived from plants that are considered safe. But we don't know which ingredients are safe during breastfeeding, and more research is needed.
Given that the creams can be directly absorbed into the bloodstream, it is not recommended to use them during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Their safety to unborn babies and infants is unknown.
Moreover, it is not advisable to use these creams on nipples during nursing due to the risk of irritation.
These products are well tolerated by most individuals. They contain organic ingredients that have no side effects and are free from hydroquinone, paraben, and mercury.
Besides, they work by reducing melanin production and do not damage the skin.
However, some individuals may notice slight redness or darkening of the treated areas in the first few days of application as their skin adjusts to the product.
Most whitening creams make the skin extra sensitive to sun exposure. Also, there is a slight chance that individuals with very sensitive skin may be allergic to some of the ingredients.
You should apply a small amount of the product on your arm at the beginning to test for allergic reactions before use.
The above natural whitening creams come with various benefits.
• They are made of natural ingredients that have a low risk of side effects.
• They offer various functions: skin whitening, moisturizing, skin rejuvenation, youthful and radiant skin, exfoliating, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
• They target the root cause of hyperpigmentation and do not damage the outer layer of skin.
• They offer consistent results.
• They are free from hydroquinone, sulfates, alcohol, paraben, and other harmful chemicals.
• They may work for your complexion, spot treatment, and any other desired body part.
Absolutely! You can wear makeup after using these products. But, it would be best if you gave them time to diffuse into the skin before makeup application, preferably 10 minutes.
Also, you will need to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect the skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
It is advisable to use less of each product, in case they are too heavy when used together. Therefore, there is a slight chance that makeup may not give your desired coverage, especially if the cream is heavy.
These are natural whitening creams that may take time to show results. They do not bleach the skin like hydroquinone but takes time to lighten the complexion.
Slight differences may be noticed as early as 2-4 weeks, but noticeable results take 2-3 months of regular use.
Nevertheless, results vary depending on the skin type and the amount of sunlight you receive daily.