From the strip mall outposts of our suburban wastelands to the grimy corners in the heart of the city, our fast-food bread lines form their motorized queues and serve our doom 99 cents at a time. While our president shills for Five Guys, real mom-and-pops shut down for good, and master electricians push carts at Home Depot. Things are getting ugly, so a healthy breakfast is more important than ever -- watch what you eat. Here's what you might have missed last week.
- Fresh, tropical goodness, South Dade-style, in pictures.
- America, fuck yeah. Chef Fern talks 3,000 steak meals and working 5 a.m. to midnight.
- Plato Royal goes green, pits salad against salad in a battle for leaf supremacy.
- Wanna take Kitty to Bar Rosso? Here's your chance.
- Lee Klein breaks down Grove history, 'cause The Taurus is comin' back.
- Food Inc. would be better if...
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.