Verbal exchange of the week: Last night at Taste The Nations charity event at the Ritz Carlton on Key Biscayne, toward the end of the event, 9:43 p.m., I approach Chef Cindy Hutson of Ortanique, she's slidin' off the wine in her drinkin' glass. I mumble something about shooting the kitchen of her restaurant:
Cindy: Do you cook?
Cindy: Bitch, I'mma put you to work.
Here's what you may have missed last week:
- Behind The Line at Mahogany Grille award winning neo-classic soul kitchen in pictures.
- Stick a fork in Table 8 on South Beach, they're Chapter 7 liquidation done for.
- Food news breakdown from Lee Klein openings from the beach to the river.
- North One 10 is for sale, holler at firstname.lastname@example.org for lease terms.
- Key Largo Food and Wine Fest kicks off today at 4 p.m. at Tradewinds Liquors.
- Plato Royal hotel brunch Sunday food fight Biltmore vs. Four Seasons.
- Like Chipotle? You may be eating slavegrown tomatoes. They don't care.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.