Short Order headquarters isn't stacked to the ceiling with pots and pans. We don't have a million dollar range. There's not a smoker out back. There's no grill, brick oven, or even a toaster, but we do have a microwave and the $1.00 pizzas we pull out of it always taste better when take the time to season them with whatever's around. Here's what you might have missed from us this week.
- Bacon in your beer, bacon in your brittle, bacon in your ice cream.
- Fast food sucks. Don't talk about it, be about it. Slow food lives.
- The Forge will open with star chef Dewey LoSasso at the helm of its kitchen.
- Burgers, dogs, and roasted marshmallows at tonights hunter's moon and stargazing party at Fruit & Spice park.
- Watch your food from prep to plate at Waxy's on the River Irish pub.
- New wine and pizza pairing menu at Joey's Italian Cafe in Wynwood.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.