This week, the cover of our print product depicts hand sewn, plush, homemade Star Wars dolls. On the web front, Short Order wrote a week's worth of hopefully entertaining, informative, insightful, and humorous posts that had almost nothing to do with the grim realities of life in Miami in the Summer of '09. Here's what you might have missed last week:
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Crying about the economy? Want some cheese with that whine?
- A slideshow of the 14th annual International Mango Festival.
- Breakfast is served in pictures at Casa Cafe in Shenandoah.
- Le Banyan dies, another epic failure in the 70's and Collins on Miami Beach.
- The Sidewalk Chef goes cartoon in Tampa thanks to Short Order.
- South Beach is full of tourists, they eat fast on Lincoln Road.
- Fixed price meals at Area 31 and valet charge price drops elsewhere.
- Paris Hilton lets the meat slide down her throat in the MIA.
- Wine and food enthusiasts gather for monthly potlucks. You're invited.