In the future we'd like to see a pizza vending machine that lets you order pies through your cell phone. When you dial the number and your payment goes through the machine activates its pizza software and delivers you a hot one in 7 minutes or less. When that happens, we're getting one. Until then, here's what you might have missed from us this week.
- Open her up and drink Marilyn Merlot.
- Will the wait staff talk like everybody on Family Guy when they bring you Quahog chowder at upcoming Cape Cod Room? Mmmm...that smells nice.
- Make your own orange gazpacho with crunchy vegetable salad and grilled garlic ciabatta bread, just follow the recipe.
- Respect your drive-thru server, or they might give you a spit shake.
- Will that burger kill you? Does it make you mad when people talk bad about burgers? Did your burger eat grass?
- Get your sandwich on at two neighborhood joints that make em' right.
- Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Miami....are you ready to Guac?
- News and Notes Short Order style.
- Low on cash, drunk, and hungry? Top 10 things you're probably gonna eat.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.