Though work's not gone, thy week is done, in the city, the suburbs, and rurals. Give us this our daily blog. And go get us some wings, as we go get us some pitchers. And lead us not into another belligerent drunk, but deliver us some pizza when we get like that. For Dade is the county, money is power, and the Heat are the glory, for ever. Amen. Here's what you might have missed this week:
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- New executive chef at The Forge, Dewey Losasso wants to get naked with Mario Batali and slathered with Giada De Laurentis.
- Frontera Grill brings gourmet style Mexican cuisine to Coral Gables.
- Florida farm workers stage protest action in West Miami to change Publix corporate policies.
- A San Diego photographer talks about the food of Peru before he comes to Miami to talk about his new book.
- Ingrid Hoffman wants to be a sexy mango, loves bad boys, eats chocolate in bed, and likes big butt ants.
- New drinks at the Setai bar infused with bacon and pork belly pack a punch and cost a boatload.
- The Americas Food and Beverage Show in words and pictures.
- 4 Bayside restaurants and 1 on the beach busted for rats, or roaches, or both.
- Publix responds to CIW protest actions, blog commenters mad.