Though work's not gone, thy week is done, in the city, the suburbs, and rurals. Give us this our daily blog. And go get us some wings, as we go get us some pitchers. And lead us not into another belligerent drunk, but deliver us some pizza when we get like that. For Dade is the county, money is power, and the Heat are the glory, for ever. Amen. Here's what you might have missed this week:
- New executive chef at The Forge, Dewey Losasso wants to get naked with Mario Batali and slathered with Giada De Laurentis.
- Frontera Grill brings gourmet style Mexican cuisine to Coral Gables.
- Florida farm workers stage protest action in West Miami to change Publix corporate policies.
- A San Diego photographer talks about the food of Peru before he comes to Miami to talk about his new book.
- Ingrid Hoffman wants to be a sexy mango, loves bad boys, eats chocolate in bed, and likes big butt ants.
- New drinks at the Setai bar infused with bacon and pork belly pack a punch and cost a boatload.
- The Americas Food and Beverage Show in words and pictures.
- 4 Bayside restaurants and 1 on the beach busted for rats, or roaches, or both.
- Publix responds to CIW protest actions, blog commenters mad.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.