Food. Money. Politics. Mayor. Commissioners. The Public. Our Government. Taxes. Pay Cuts. Pink Slips. Raises. Makes you wanna drink. Don't get too caught up in your own movie. The next public budget hearing is September 17th at the Government Center metro rail station Downtown. We recommend you check it out. Here's what you might have missed over the last week on Short Order.
- Draft beer floats. Yes, that means beer and ice cream in a pint glass. Find out what to pair it with for "the definitive upscale stoner meal."
- Jewish Deli expert puts Jerry's Deli of South Beach on smash, sings praises of Boca and Delray, and finds Rascal House hard to swallow.
- Restaurant Week at Dolphin Mall doesn't include a food court festivus for the rest of us.
- Miami ranks 9th on a list of places where people like wiener meat in their buns.
- Jackfruit is to pussy as Shaq is to chihuahua.
- Exclusive local restaurant news roundup, openings and events, from Short Order.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.