You worked all week at your desk job, factory, kitchen, office, street corner, or couch, and now it's time to let loose and let that weekend energy plow you over like a bulldozer. So things are tough all over; jobs, school, money, healthcare, war, that kind of stuff, but we're also livin' in Miami and the season's kicking into gear. We've got more slammed restaurants, parties, shows, bottles, models, and all that they entail than anywhere else in the country with as good of weather. So put your elbows up, look to the future and say Cheers Gotdammit it's Friday. Here's what you might have missed this week.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- The Perky Nipple, Jiggle Booty, and Wet Pussy Cat aren't on there, but five other sassy drink names are.
- Puck Fublix. Get your Redlands Fresh fresh in the Redlands.
- Network for net worth and free food at Tamarind Thai on November 10.
- Guess who in South Florida's food industry is CIA certified outstanding.
- Josh Wahler new executive chef at Kung Fu Kitchen.
- Mango Gang original gangster Mark Militello leaves Bal Harbour for The Office.
- Miami Mayor Manny Diaz caught on video pretending to eat collard greens.
- A funny interview with Todd English from a reporter who likes his 10 answers.
- Top five new candies that do stuff to your mouth when you eat 'em.