Open wide, Short Order's serving up a mouthful of local media from South Florida's food blogosphere. Here are some recent updates from across the internets:
- Foodalogue has a mushroom tasting dinner. No mention of melting walls or seeing the colors in a song.
- Former New Times food critic Kavetchnik is a specials specialist. Follow her twitter for the latest updates.
- Mango&Lime drives 200 miles for an $8 basket of mangos, tours Erickson Farm, in pictures.
- Dinemag introduces you to Ferran Adria's Inedit, beer in a wine bottle.
- I Shot The Chef's recent triumphant return via Asian chicken photoblogology.
- Eat It Miami is boycotting Waxy O'Connor's on South Beach. Find out why.
- Food Of Miami step by steps pan fried dumplings so you can DIY.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.