Is it really 52 degrees out right now? That's damn near freezing. What's next, snowballs on South Beach, ice chains on the Turnpike, county workers salting down US1, sledding down Mount Trashmore, ice skating in Kendale Lakes? Cold weather's for the birds, and our streets are already starting to flood with them and their stupid shorts and smug expressions, let's get tourist money. Here are some recent posts from other local blogs.
- Ever seen a Dade County grown pink mushroom? They'll be on your restaurant plates soon. [ParadiseFarms]
- Here's your first look at the Cape Cod Room, Ken Lyon's new restaurant on the beach. [Mango&Lime]
- Fritz and Franz Bierhaus, a beast's eye view. [BurgerBeast]
- Florida blogger eats "chedder risotto with green apples, crispy bacon and cheez-its" in Chicago. [Chowfather]
- A South Beach based roving reporter takes trip to Colorado for new Sustainable Suppers book. [SustainableSuppers]
- Extra butternut squash and charred poblano peppers? Here's what you can do with them. [Foodalogue]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.