Creeping into 3rd quarter 2009 and things may be starting to look up for the economy, maybe even in Florida, possibly even Dade. Could be the thought of Summer's heat subsiding, but the the streets are talking, and there's optimism in the air. Recent South Florida food blog posts reflect it. Check these out.
- It's got no eggs in it, so why do they call it an egg cream? Who cares, order one and see what the big deal's all about. [Grapevine]
- Despite several points of contention, South Beach's Burger & Beer Joint survives one critic's gauntlet. [EatitMiami]
- South Florida's own self employed, professional food blogette talks August favorites. [Foodalogue]
- Stuffed breasts, in pictures, with do it yourself guide. [ShotChef]
- The Burgies are coming, the King is watching, the Beast is waiting. [BurgerBeast]
- A family's eye view on Hakkasan. Order lemonade. [FoodForThought]
- It's Lunch Week at MiamiDish. What's that mean? Send a picture and you could win a, you guessed it, free lunch![MiamiDish]
- A tropical locavore's humorous rancor with Florida Avocados. [EatingLocal]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.