Here are some recent posts from the local food web.
- Jewish family goes Tropical Chinese for Christmas dim sum. [FoodForThoughtMiami]
- Rock N Roll Ribs, Iron Maiden's drummer's restaurant, opens in Coral Springs. [CleanPlateCharlie]
- Checking out a mercado de las pulgas (flea market) in Bogotá, Colombia, and eating from the food stalls. [BrickellLife]
- Video: How to open a wine bottle with a shoe. Seriously. [CarlosMiller]
- What in hell is a Bagel Popper? Find out yourself. Get one free with coupon at Einstein Bros. Bagels. [MiamiCheap]
- South Dade's own Schnebly Redland's Winery has its own social network. Check it out. [SchneblyWinery]
- Historic Anderson's Corner, an old general store in the Redland and one of the oldest buildings in Dade County, might be up for demolition by neglect. [RedlandRambles]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.