Anybody feel Hurricane Ida roiling through the Ocean last night? Hurricane season is not over folks, stay prepared. Here are some recent local posts from throughout the food community.
- Ever wish your fast food was faster, less personal? Go to Japan. [BurgerBeast]
- Blogger claims best burger in South Florida can be found in Aventura. [Chowfather]
- Go Greek on the Upper East Side for old style cooking that'll make you say Opa! [FoodForThought]
- Chef Allen 2 Go to open in the Ft. Lauderdale airport. [DineMag]
- Fast food style dim sum on Bird Road served all day every day. [EatLocal]
- Check out a message board for organic, grass fed, pastured, wild, unprocesed, tropical, whole, natural foods. [MiamiRealFood]
- Local farm documents their heirloom tomato planting, check it out, take notes. [RedlandRambles]
- Hey, Martha Stewart, you old ass-backwards, prison bologna eating aristocrat! Florida does have its own artisan cheese. [EatingLocalInTheTropics]
- A local-food Miami social network. [LocalFoodMiami]
- A very cool post on harvesting hearts of palm and making kimchee and slaw out of it. [BeeHeaven]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.