Nothin' better than a weekend at the bottom of the map, long as there are no hurricanes. Somthing's brewin' off the coast of Africa though, so get ready. Here are some weekendish posts from some neighborhood food blogs.
- South Florida Beer Blog travels to Tequesta and visits the Corner Cafe and Brewery.
- Chowfather goes solo at Yakko-San, orders too much, loves every bite.
- Natalie at Will Jog For Food goes koo koo for cous cous, got any recipes?
- Carlos Miller breaks down Miami slider history with a Royal Castle Hamburger Chain Meetup.
- The Burger Beast has got free fast food coupons for you for McDonald's fries and a medium drink.
- Mango&Lime visits Hakkasan for Miami Spice, but opts for regular menu when she gets there. Here's her review.
- Food For Thought recaps the first "Cobaya - Gourmet Guinea Pigs" dinner at Talula.
- Chadzilla talks South American fish ribs, served on the bone of the Pacu fish, a relative of the piranha.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.