Oi! Blogs ahoy. Here are some recent posts from the local foodisphere.
- A new pizza oven at Focaccia Rustica in the Grove? That's news? Yes. Yes it is. [Grapevine]
- One guy's top ten reasons why he eats at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink on a weekly basis. [BlindMind]
- A professional South Florida blogger makes sausage without a grinder, casings, or fatty meat. How did she do it? Chicken and a Magic Bullet. [Foodalogue]
- "One look around and you know you're in a down-to earth -feel-good-gimme breakfast now kinda place and I'm not talking about Cafe con Leche. I'm talking pancakes, french toast, and grits!" [EatLocal]
- Lunch Week takes you inside the cafeteria at St. Patrick Parish School in Miami Beach for "veggie heavy and mostly organic meals." [MiamiDish]
- Check out this cool slideshow shot (and captioned) from a Chef's eye view. It will keep you clicking next. [Chadzilla]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.