Super Bowl time is here again, and that means parties, food, and beer, preferably at a friend's house where they have a big screen, someone else cooking, and endless beer. Most people are not that lucky, though, so we're hooking you up with our Top 10 Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes: Bacon Edition. Click each title for the full recipe. Enjoy!
10. Bacon Vodka - Get drunk off liquor and pigskin and then watch the game of pigskin till the room spins.
Throw a crisp slice of bacon into your Super Bowl martini, kick up the leg rest on your easy chair, sit back, and enjoy the game.
It's 2010. Eat your drink.
9. Cheesy Bacon Weave - Any recipe that starts with "weave bacon" and then proceeds with rollafied, cheesified, and crispified is certified.
If a close game doesn't stop your heart from pumping, this will.
Tums on deck.
8. The Original Bacon Explosion BBQ Sausage Roll - Have you had a heart attack lately?
Is your girlfriend's first name Angie, last name Plasty?
Are you comfortable with the idea of watching the Super Bowl on the TV set in the ER?
Then the bacon explosion sausage roll is for you.
7. Vegan Shiitake Mushroom Bacon - Hey, it takes all kinds.
Maybe you, your kid, their friend, or someone you know is coming over and doesn't eat meat or any other animal product.
Usually, they'd sit in the corner with some old broccoli. Welcome them with bacon.
6. Devils on Horseback - These are large dates wrapped in applewood-smoked bacon and stuffed with cheese and mango chutney.
They are a specialty of Miami's own chef Allen Susser, a dude who knows food.
5. A BLT Sandwich With Baconnaise - From the people who brought you Bacon Salt, Bacon Ranch, Bacon Pop, and bacon-flavored envelopes (seriously) comes Baconnaise.
Pretty much anybody can make a sandwich. Here's our anti-recipe: Put this on pretty much anything.
Don't worry -- it also comes in Baconnaise Lite.
4. Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies - A bacon cookie tray at a Super Bowl party flies faster than a Drew Brees laser.
Some people think the "bacon trend" is nearing its end, but we know bacon rules forever, or at least till we run out of pigs.
3. Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots - If bite-size, crunchy, easy-to-make bacon goodness sounds like a plan to you, these are perfect.
Make a few hundred of these in advance of the big game, and re-upp scripts on your heartburn meds.
Hook up that ketchup IV too.
2. Crispy Deep-Fried Bacon - Do you own a deep fryer? Are you looking for something to fry? Got bacon?
This recipe keeps it simple, and you don't need a deep fryer either. A deep skillet will work fine.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Thanks for following our Super Bowl bacon guide. Enjoy these recipes while you watch the Colts take on the Saints during Super Bowl XLIV live from Miami, Florida. Invite some friends and family over for your Super Bowl party and enjoy.
And now for our number one Top 10 Super Bowl Appetizer Recipes: Bacon Edition...
1. Bacon Nachos - We're not even going to link to a recipe for this one; you can figure it out yourself.
Melt some cheese over crisp fried bacon with salsa, ground beef, guacamole, lettuce, and whatever else you're into, and dig in. Happy Super Bowl.