Here's something for you to do on a rainy weekend: catch up on what you missed this week on Short Order.
- LeBron James is not much of a meat eater.
- Short Order gets a taste of Doggi Style, a Venezuelan fast food cart.
- Chocolate lovers: indulge in our list of Miami's best chocolate shops.
- Muhammad Ali's physician and corner man talks about his favorite eats.
- Part two of our interview with with Antoinette Jreij of The Original Daily Bread Marketplace.
- Marc Vidal leaves Solea and David Burke is named culinary director of Strike Miami.
La Guardia Produce and Mini Market is an interesting place to shop at.
- Stay cool with Mexican paletas from La Michoacana in Homestead.
- Dining solo? Our five favorite places to do so.
- Stay tuned for Lee Klein's review of Chow Down Grill next week. Here's a sneak peek.
- Don't forget to vote for the Short Order awards. Learn more about the nominees in the Best Pastry Chef category.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.