We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
None were from Florida. Even fewer from Miami. But Coconut Grove's Ideas Restaurant is bringing the best to us with their Semana Gastronomica from April 22-24. The menu takes you on a culinary journey through Castilian-Leonese cuisine.
Here's the menu.
- Entrada - Portobello mushroom cake filled with vegetables, raisins, nuts, and dried fruits
- Primer Plato - Monk fish medallion with pine nuts, clams and shrimp
- Segundo Plato - Potato confit filled with oxtail stew
- Postre - Dessert bread with olive oil, tomato confit, and Serrano ham
- Recommended wine - Tinto de Ribera del Duero, Crianza
Ideas restaurant didn't provide much context for the event via the press release they sent us (the flyer), but we managed to find the following from a Spanish website. Chef Jesus Sanabria from Campogrande restaurant and Chef Jesús Soto from Taberna Pradera from Castilla y Leon are culinary ambassadors bringing their ingredients and expertise to our shores for a special Gastronomic Week menu.