Keep the party rolling poolside with this savory take on a margarita courtesy of Tippling Bros. "Pepino El Puy" combines the fresh, soothing qualities of cucumber with a limey-tequila bite. The salty cumin rim on the glass kicks you straight across the border and has you doing the Speedy Gonzales back to the bar for the next round.
Make the jump for a recipe or....where you can buy one.
Pepino El Puy
- white tequila 2oz
- lemon juice 3/4oz
- cucumber juice 1oz
- hoja santa syrup 1oz - 2.5 cups water, 2.5 cups sugar, 4 tablespoons hoja santa - bring the ingredients to a boil together and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the mixture and set aside.
* If hoja santa is unavailable, substitute with simple syrup. Simple syrup is made by heating and dissolving equal parts of sugar and water. Once dissolved, cool and set aside.
** A quick fix for cucumber juice can be made as follows. Blend 1 English cucumber with 1 cup of bottled water, strain and set aside.
- cucumber spear
- In a shaker with ice, combine all of the ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Mix the cumin and salt together on a plate.
- Rim a rocks glass with the cumin salt on the plate and add fresh ice in the glass.
- Strain the contents of the shaker over the fresh ice and garnish with cucumber spear.