Tales of the Cocktail is upon us, which unfortunately means that the Magic City's bars will not be as properly tended as we'd like for the rest of the week.
Come Monday, however, local bartenders, restaurant owners, brand ambassadors, sales reps, distributors, writers, and drinking enthusiasts will share seemingly endless stories and tidbits gathered from intense days of seminars, tasting rooms, happy hours, dinners, competitions, and the larger-than-life brand portfolio warehouse parties (think adult theme parks).
If you happen to be one of the brave souls who will take on the pilgrimage, we've mapped out a schedule so you can continue with your imbibing business. For those of you admiring from afar through the Instagram and Facebook accounts of your favorites, you might find this guide useful when it comes to ordering drinks come next week at your favorite watering holes.
Tuesday, July 19:
- John Lermayer (Sweet Liberty) and Philip Khandehrish (formerly of the Setai) - The Art of the Beertail from 10 a.m. to noon at the Riverview Room, Hotel Monteleone.
- John Lermayer and Curt Carillo (Sweet Liberty) - The Spare Room presents the fifth-annual Ode to the Bowl from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Lauren Sanchez (Back Bar Project) - Tianguis de Bebidas Mexicanas from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Royal Ballroom C&D, Hotel Monteleone.
- Laura Shanelle Benitez (Bodega, St. Germain) - Cafe de L’aperitif from 2 to 5 p.m. at Angela King Gallery (241 Royal St).
- Tyler Ridgeway (Repour Bar) - Redemption Rye Rocks the Pool from 2:30 to 5 p.m. at Hotel Monteleone.
- Robert Burr and Rob V. Burr (Rum Renaissance Festival) - The New American Rum Revolution from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at Fleur de Lis Suite, Royal Sonesta Hotel.
- David Ortiz (RNDC Spirits Specialist, Miami OG) - Taste of the Nations from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at Conti Corner Suite, Royal Sonesta Hotel.
- Sarah Lawrence (the Anderson) - Fourth-annual Mandarine Napoléon Imperial Battle of the Sexes from 3 to 6 p.m. at Napoleon House (500 Chartres St.).
- Party on Your Palate from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Orpheum Theater (129 Roosevelt Way.)
- Jaki Winkles (Kindred Spirits USA) - The Explorer’s Lounge by Martin Miller’s Gin from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse, Royal Sonesta Hotel.
- Gui Jaroschy (Broken Shaker)- Royal Dutch Distillers Dynamic Duo Featuring Broken Shaker Miami and Broken Shaker Chicago Dynamic Duo from 1 to 4 p.m. at Napoleon House (500 Chartres St.)
- Julio Cabrera (Managing Partner at Regent Cocktail Club) - United Libations from 3 to 4:30 p.m. at La Nouvelle Orleans East, Hotel Monteleone.
- Freddy Diaz (AlambiQ) and Philip Khandehrish- Actor & Artist’s Influences on Cocktails by AlambiQ and Boiron Freres from 3 to 5 p.m. at Orleans Room, Hotel Monteleone.
- Julio Cabrera (Managing Partner at the Regent Cocktail Club) and Ricardo Rodriguez (Fr. of The Regent Cocktail Club) Liquore Strega from 3 to 6 p.m. at the lobby of the Hotel Monteleone.
- Bryan Canales (Bodega, Bakehouse Brasserie) and Walid Hamid (Tequila Avion)- Nacho Libre Part Duo from 5 to 7 p.m. at Tiki Tolteca (301 N Peters Street).
- Robert Ferrara (Fr. of The Rum Line, Single Malt Scotch Whisky Ambassador: The Glenlivet, Aberlour, Scapa, Longmorn)- Scotch Singles Party from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Preservation Hall (726 St Peter St.)
- Bacardi Block Party from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Sugar Mill (1021 Convention Center Blvd.)
- USBG midnight toast in front of The Old Absinthe House (240 Bourbon St.)
- Matt Hirschenbein (Drink Miami, Disaronno Brand Ambassador) - The Recharge Lounge by Tia Maria from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the lobby of Hotel Monteleone.
- Marita Leonard (High West Distillery, USBG Miami Chapter President) - Of Grapes & Grain: Mixing Wine and Whiskey from 3 to 5 p.m. at Riverview Room, Hotel Monteleone.
- Konga Shaker Party - Miami Sound Machine Edition from midnight to 2 a.m. at Tiki Tolteca (301 N Peters St.)
- Jennifer Massolo (the Liquid Projects) - The Taste of Gold by The Liquid Projects and ADI from 3 to 5 p.m. at Royal Ballrooms C & D, Hotel Monteleone.
- John Lermayer (Sweet Liberty) - Crafted Conversations from 12:15 to 2:15 p.m. at Restaurant R'evolution (777 Bienville St.).
- John Lermayer (Sweet Liberty) - Nominated for a Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Award in the American Bartender of the Year category. The winners will be announced at this year’s ceremony, held at the Sheraton New Orleans.
- Bartenders Breakfast from 11:30 p.m. to 3 a.m. at Generation's Hall (310 Andrew Higgins.)
- Ezra Patek - Bon Vivants and Imbibe’s 7th Annual Pig & Punch from noon to 5 p.m. at Washington Square (700 Elysian Fields Ave.)
- Teresa Cesario (El Tucan, Absolut ELYX) - Elyx House, Thursday through Saturday from noon to 6 p.m. at Bevolo Gas & Electric Light Shop (318 Royal St.).