The first month of the new year included the opening of many anticipated restaurants including Cavalli Restaurant and Lounge, the chic Italian bistro by famed designer Roberto Cavalli, and Batch Gastropub, which features upscale takes on pub grub, like chili-glazed chicken wings with blue cheese espuma. Other openings include new locations for both Jugofresh and Havana 1975, and a brick-and-mortar home for food truck Latin Burger & Taco.
On a sad note, Van Dyke Cafe, a beloved brunch institution on Lincoln Road that also featured live music at its upstairs lounge, closed on January 26. The news isn't all bad, though. Graspa Group, the owners of Van Dyke, are working with the current owners of the Van Dyke building to find a smaller space in which to open a smaller version of the restaurant.
See also: Van Dyke Cafe to Close January 26
- Barmeli Miami
- Batch Gastropub
- Buns & Buns
- Cavalli Restaurant & Lounge
- Havana 1975 (Brickell)
- Imperia Restaurant and Lounge
- Insomnia Cookies
- Jugofresh (Wynwood)
- Latin Burger & Taco
- Petit Miami Beach
- R House
- 1826 Restaurant - Opening in South Beach early next year by chef Danny Grant
- The Alchemist - Multiple-course dining experiences coming to Midtown.
- Aoki Teppanyaki - Coming to Dadeland.
- Balan's - Opening another location in Dadeland.
- Barnickel's - Making progress.
- The Bent Fork - Popping up February and March.
- Biscayne Brewing Co. - Fresh beer coming soon.
- Brother Jimmy's BBQ - South Miami and Dolphin Mall locations coming soon.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Cibo Wine Bar - The second location, coming soon.
- Earl's Kitchen & Bar - Coming to Dadeland.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Ikea - Coming 2014
- JugoFresh - Expanding their shops.
- L'Echon Brasserie - Another Pubbelly endeavor.
- La Cantina 20 - Another Icon tenant getting set to move in.
- Laduree - Parisian macarons coming to Lincoln Road.
- La Mar by Gaston Acurio - Celebrity chef coming to Mandarin Oriental Miami in December.
- Lokum Mediterranean Grill - Opening on Alton Road.
- Morimoto Restaurant - Opening in Shelborne South Beach
- My Ceviche - Coming to South Miami.
- MIA Brewing Co. - Opening soon in Doral.
- Milk Burger - New York burger joint teasing us with hints of a Miami location.
- Ms. Cheezious - The food truck is opening a shop.
- N Lounge - Kevin Cory to open a lounge next door to NAOE.
- NaiYaRa - Chef Bee to open Thai Asian street food bistro in SoBe.
- Natsusteak - Michael Mina rumored to be opening another restaurant at the Fontainebleau.
- Ralph Pagano's still-unnamed Mexican Restaurant - Opening at the Dream South Beach.
- Panther Coffee is opening a location in MiMo.
- Pinkberry - Opening on Alton Road.
- Poor Man's Lobster - From the folks at Mandolin.
- Prime Fish - Opening South of Fifth
- STK - Reopening.
- Shikany - Opening in Wynwood.
- Sienna Tavern - Fabio Viviani opening Italian restaurant in SoBe.
- Traymore Restaurant and Met Bar Opening in New Metropolitan by COMO Hotel
- Wood Tavern - Opening a pizzeria next door, and an upstairs lounge.
- Ten Fruits - Opening in Coral Gables with Panther Coffee and juicing.
- Touche Rooftop Restaurant and Lounge - Carla Pellegrino to open a restaurant at the E11even.
- J. Wakefield Brewing Company - Coming to Wynwood.
- White Lotus - James Beard-winner Matthew Kenney brings the raw food movement to Wynwood.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
Projects in the Works
- An upscale restaurant and brewery is planned for the old Cooper Avenue space in South Beach.
- Tom Colicchio is opening a restaurant and will oversee f&b operations at the 1Hotel & Residences.
- Steve Martorano is closer than ever to opening a Miami Beach location.