After meeting with Chef Richard Ingraham we learned in ourfirst interview
what it's like to cook for basketball star Dwyane Wade, and in oursecond interview
, about the balancing act it takes to feed a successful athlete on the road and still hang out with your kids' new puppy. Formerly a teacher of the homeless and behaviorally challenged youth, Ingraham still takes time to instruct budding chefs at Johnson and Wales occasionally on the art of cooking. He also shared a recipe with us, including detailed instructions, so that we can cook like a professional.
Tonight when the Heat play, you can think of the chef as you make his very own recipe of barbecue lobster and prawns, coconut and smoked paprika brown rice, and honey and cilantro fried corn, and watch us defeat the Mavericks.
BBQ Lobster and Prawns
1 Florida lobster tail (split in half tail still left on)
4 prawns or extra large shrimp (split with tails left on)
1 tbs each curry, cinnamon, Creole seasoning
2 tbs honey mustard
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 tbs unsalted butter
1. Lightly rub mustard on shrimp and lobster.
2. Season with curry, cinnamon, and creole seasonings.
3. Sauté in butter just enough to brown (don't cook all the way through)
4. Place on a foil-lined pan and lightly brush on BBQ sauce and bake at 400 until done (remember the shrimp are going to cook faster than the lobster).
5. Remove from oven, and brush with sauce again just before serving.
Coconut and Smoked Paprika Brown Rice
1 cup brown rice
2 tbs nutter unsalted
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbs Creole seasoning
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup chicken stock (broth)
1. Melt butter.
2. Toss in paprika and creole seasoning stir in about 30 seconds.
3. Add rice and coat each grain with butter and seasonings.
4. Add broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
5. Turn down heat and cover until done.
Honey and Cilantro Fried Corn
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
3 ears fresh corn (kernels removed)
1 tbs unsalted butter
1 tbs honey
2 tbs fresh cilantro (chopped)
TT salt and pepper
1. Sauté corn in butter.
2 Add honey and salt and pepper.
3. Toss in cilantro.