While shopping in South Miami, we saw a curious sight...the Burger King food truck parked right in the middle of Shops at Sunset Place. The truck was there as part of a nationwide tour to sample the king's new line of smoothies, frappes, and chicken strips in an effort to
mimic McDonald's remain relevant.
We tried the tropical mango smoothie that was offered and found it surprisingly fruity, with a fragrant mango flavor and yogurt tartness. According to Burger King's website, the smoothies are made with real fruit, low fat yogurt, and made fresh to order in each BK kitchen. A medium serving contains 330 calories, 3 grams protein, 78 grams carbohydrates, 63 grams sugar, and 1 gram fat, which actually isn't too bad.
If you want to try one of the smoothies or a frappe, the BK food truck will be rolling over to Marlins Park for a little pre-game sampling. Here's the schedule:
- Saturday, May 12 Marlins Park 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Sunday, May 13 Marlins Park 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, May 24 Marlins Park 4 - 9 p.m.
- Friday May 25 Marlins Park 4 - 9 p.m.
- Saturday May 26 Marlins Park 1 - 6 p.m.
- Sunday May 27 Marlins Park 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Follow Short Order on