The tradition of treating mom to breakfast in bed has long been abused by movies and television shows, which feature an adorable child (or clumsy husband) serving mom burnt toast and Cheerios. Burnt toast? Come on! This meal has to be worthy of a special lady.
We love the idea of surprising mom with a tasty treat to start her Mother's Day so we asked Tudor House executive chef Jamie DeRosa to show us how to make his Peaches and Cream dish using fragrant peaches, sorbet and creamy feta cheese. Pair it with a peach Bellini and you've got yourself one happy mom!
Tudor House Peaches and Cream
Sheep's milk French feta
Minus 8 Vinegar
Fresh ripe peaches
1/4 Pound Hazelnuts chopped
Mache or Lamb's Lettuce
1. Start with sheep's milk French feta.
2. Whip feta in a small mixing bowl with olive oil, black pepper, thyme leaves and lime zest.
3. Pickle one fresh peach in Minus 8 Vinegar, Lime peel, honey, vanilla for 8 hours in a Ziploc bag.
4. Candy hazelnuts with simple syrup, cinnamon stick, Espelette pepper. Crack some and grind the other half into a powder.
5. Use living Mache or Lambs Lettuce, Clean and season using the pickling liquid from the peaches in step 3.
6. Begin plating by putting your whipped feta in a pastry bag to start.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Use a spoon to spread out the puree.
8. Arrange peaches so each texture is part of the salad. Fresh peach sliced in half, pickle peach...
9. Finish with the peach sorbet and arrange Mache in between hazelnut crunch and powder around center of plate.