Welcome to 2015. A new year is bringing several new restaurants, many of them helmed by celebrity chefs.
We're especially looking forward to Tom Colicchio's Beachcraft, Sandbox, and Tom on Collins, all at the 1 Hotel and Homes in South Beach. STK Miami is also poised to open at the same property.
The world's largest Nobu is another hotly anticipated restaurant, along with PB Station from the Pubbelly Boys, Naked Lunch by chef Ralph Pagano, Jamie DeRosa's Izzy's Fish & Oyster, and the Vagabond Restaurant.
Finally, we're hoping for 2015 to finally be the year that Steve Martorano opens a restaurant in Miami Beach.
Turning back to the last month of 2014, several restaurants opened just in time for the Art Basel madness including Scott Conant's Corsair and Ted's at YoungArts.
In the switcheroo department, Mister Collins has morphed into Bistro Bal Harbour and Seasalt and Pepper is turning into Seaspice Brasserie & Lounge, due to a court ordered name change.
- 221 Cafe (221 Cafe, 221 NW First Ave., Miami)
- American Social
- Bistro Bal Harbor
- Bodega Taqueria y Tequila (1220 16th Street, Miami Beach)
- Cafe Babbo (97 NW 25th St., Miami)
- Cake Thai Kitchen (7910 Biscayne Blvd., Miami)
- Cibo Wine Bar South Beach
- The Gang Miami
- Gastropod's Noodle Head (pop-up adjacent to Wood Tavern)
- Green Eggs Cafe (18729 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura)
- Little Bread Cuban Sandwich Company
- Matador Room
- Midtown Oyster Bar
- Novecento and IT Espresso Lounge
- Ted's at Young Arts
- WunderBar at Circa 39 Hotel
Continue reading on the next page for the Closings and Coming Attractions...
- Lucky Strike
- Mister Collins
- Bachour Bakery and Bistro
- Bake House - Opening in Miami Beach.
- Beachcraft - Tom Colicchio's new restaurant coming soon, along with Sandbox.
- Bikini Barista - coming to midtown.
- Boxelder - Craft beer shop coming to Wynwood.
- Campania - Italian fare from the owners of Sardinia.
- China Grill - Moving to Brickell.
- Coyo - Taco bar to open in Wynwood.
- Continental - Stephen Starr's retro Philadelphia restaurant coming to Miami.
- Crust - Pizza on Brickell by Klime Kovaceski.
- The Daily Creative Food Co. - opening in Miami Beach.
- David's Cafe - Reopening on Alton Road
- Estefan Kitchen - Gloria and Emilio are at it again.
- Fooq's - Opening in Nemesis space.
- Gravity Brewlab - Opening in Wynwood.
- Harry's Pizzeria - Chef Michael Schwartz to open location in Coconut Grove.
- Izzy's Fish & Oyster - Chef Jamie DeRosa plans a New England fish shack.
- Jimmy'z Kitchen - Opening in Brickell.
- Klima Restaurant & Bar - Opening soon.
- La Moderna - Opening in SoBe.
- La Savina - Opening in SoBe.
- The Lunchbox - Opening in Wynwood.
- Mellow Mushroom - Stoner themed pizza chain opening in Miami.
- MIA Brewing Co. - Taproom opening soon in Doral.
- Milk Burger - New York burger joint teasing us with hints of a Miami location.
- Ms. Cheezious - The food truck is opening a shop.
- My Ceviche - Coming to Midtown, MIA, and Coral Gables.
- NaiYaRa - Chef Bee to open Thai Asian street food bistro in SoBe.
- NAked Lunch - Chef Ralph Pagano opens a lunch spot.
- Nobu - Famed chef opens restaurant on Miami Beach.
- Paraiso Bay will host a Michael Schwartz restaurant.
- PB Station - The Pubbelly Boys open in Miami.
- Persona Pizzeria - California chain coming to Miami.
- Pi Pizzeria - opening Pi'ami.
- Piripi - El Bulli veteran opening Coral Gables eatery.
- Pincho Factory - Opening another location in Hialeah.
- Quality Meats - New York butcher/restaurant coming to Miami Beach.
- Red Ginger - Asian flair coming to South Beach.
- Revolution in Bloom - Vegan and vegetarian cuisine.
- Señor Frog's - the party comes to Miami.
- STK - Reopening in South Beach
- Schnebly - opening a restaurant, pop-up dinner series, and market.
- Soho Bay - Opening in Miami Beach.
- Sugar Yummy Mama - Opening a window in Wynwood.
- Sweet Liberty Drink & Supply Company - Mixologist John Lermayer and partners to open a cocktail lounge.
- Tap 42 -Fort Lauderdale gastropub opening in Coral Gables.
- Ted's at Young Arts - Stephen Starr restaurant at Young Arts
- Tutto Il Giorno - Authentic Italian fare coming soon.
- Wood Tavern - Opening a pizzeria next door, and an upstairs lounge.
- Vagabond Restaurant - Opening soon.
- J. Wakefield Brewing Company - Coming to Wynwood.
- Which Wich - Opening several locations in Miami.
- Whole Foods Market - opening in Downtown Miami
- Wynwood Diner - Classic diner and cocktails opening in Wynwood.
- Zest - Cindy Hutson opening a restaurant and fast-casual concept.
Projects in the Works
- Steve Martorano is closer than ever to opening a Miami Beach location.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.