As we count down to New Times' Best of Miami 2011 in June, Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305 in random order. If you have any nominations of your own, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the jump, find our other choices.
82. Tuna Niçoise at the Royal
The Royal's tuna Niçoise salad is the closest thing to a perfect lunch in a perfect Miami Beach setting. This salad brings slight modern twists to the classic, but the beauty is in the simplicity -- the salad is crisp and fresh, with fresh local tomatoes, baby potatoes, and haricot verts cooked and blanched to perfection. Quail eggs are a lovely surprise, and the ahi tuna is seared beautifully. The result is a salad that's as bright and fresh as Miami Beach itself.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Chef John DeLucie's menu at the Royal uses fresh local produce and seafood to make classic American food in one of the most beautiful settings in Miami Beach.
100 Favorite Dishes:
83. Cubi-Thai Sampler Plate
84. Chicken Chili Con Queso at Deli Lane Cafe
85. Lemon Meringue Cake at Ice Box
86. Fig Pizza at Kokopo Fresh Kitchen
87. Poulet Rouge at Cecconi's
88. Grilled Scallops with Pickled Plum at Zuma
89. Garnachos at Taqueria el Mexicano
90. Pancakes at Sky Grille in Miami Tower
91. Tuna Ceviche at Sushi Samba
92. BBQ Pork Roll at American Noodle Bar
93. Mandolin's Hand-Cut Fries
94. Joe Allen's Bourbon Bread Pudding
95. Lobster Roll at Joe's Stone Crab Takeaway
96. Brussels Sprouts at Sakaya Kitchen
97. Gandules en Escabeche from Raaga Cart
98. Pizza Genovese at Spris
99. Leek Soup at Buena Vista Deli
100. Dumplings at Chow Down Grill