New Times'Best of Miami 2011 in June, Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305 in random order. If you have any nominations of your own, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the jump, find our other choices.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
78. Barbecue Shrimp at Emeril's Miami Beach
To eat Emeril's barbecue shrimp is to celebrate Mardi Gras in your mouth. The Gulf shrimp are fresh and flavorful, with the right amount of snap when you bite into them. The barbecue sauce manages to be smokey, creamy and light -- all at the same time. A hint of butter, herbs and slight heat finish off the flavors. Since wasting any of this buttery, smokey goodness would be a crime, the dish is served with a rosemary biscuit -- perfect to sop up the juices that remain on the plate after the shrimp are gone. This $11 appetizer is a great way to start a meal, but also makes a terrific light lunch.
100 Favorite Dishes:
79. Croquetas at El Floridita
80. Chicken Salad at Manhattan Cafe
81. Organic Chicken and Sundried Tomato Panini at BLT Steak
82. Tuna Nicoise at The Royal
83. Cubi-Thai Sampler Plate
84. Chicken Chili Con Queso at Deli Lane Cafe
85. Lemon Meringue Cake at Ice Box
86. Fig Pizza at Kokopo Fresh Kitchen
87. Poulet Rouge at Cecconi's
88. Grilled Scallops with Pickled Plum at Zuma
89. Garnachos at Taqueria el Mexicano
90. Pancakes at Sky Grille in Miami Tower
91. Tuna Ceviche at Sushi Samba
92. BBQ Pork Roll at American Noodle Bar
93. Mandolin's Hand-Cut Fries
94. Joe Allen's Bourbon Bread Pudding
95. Lobster Roll at Joe's Stone Crab Takeaway
96. Brussels Sprouts at Sakaya Kitchen
97. Gandules en Escabeche from Raaga Cart
98. Pizza Genovese at Spris
99. Leek Soup at Buena Vista Deli
100. Dumplings at Chow Down Grill