It's that time of year when we count down to New Times' Best of Miami
2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of our
favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own,
please send them to [email protected].
37. Living "Lasagna" Terrine at Lido at The Standard
This raw vegan dish is categorized as a salad on the Standard's Lido Restaurant & Bayside Grill menu, but it tastes much meatier than that. To qualify as "raw," foods must be "cooked" or dehydrated at no more than 118 degrees. Ee Miamians know that by that definition of "cooking," we could prepare our food simply by placing them on the balcony on a hot summer day.
That means that executive chef Mark Zeitouni has the zucchini, squash, eggplant and tomato that make this dish's "pasta" dehydrating at low heat for many an hour before they're combined and placed on discerning health foodies' plates. The vegetable layers are mortared together by a nut-vegetable "sausage" and cashew nut cheese for a hearty, pungent flavor combination. Microgreens add a fresh sprig of beauty to the already nutrient-rich and colorful creation.
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge