It's that time of year when we count down to New Times' Best of Miami
2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of our
favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own,
please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
28. Pork and Beans at Blue Collar
There's something so viscerally satisfying about Blue Collar's humble little pork and beans dish. Maybe it's the way chef Danny Serfer slow cooks the white beans, smokey bacon, and Berkshire sausage in a large pot for hours on the stove -- letting the beans soften and the flavors marry into each other. Maybe it's the moment when you break open the fried egg, letting the golden yolk run into the pork and beans. Or maybe it's the giddiness of sopping up the last part with the sourdough toast that comes with the meal.
In any event - this is one wonderful hot mess that will leave you craving it again and again. Available as a brunch entree ($12) or appetizer ($9).
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge