As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
87. Sunday Fish Fry at The Shantel Lounge
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
The Sunday fish fry at Shantel Lounge offers authentically great, downright cheap, Bahamian style fried fish served simply with bread, lime, and tartar. The skin is crisp, nearly greaseless, and the fish moist and flavorful. Veteran performers and musicians from Miami''s golden era in recorded music, the 70's and 80's, play their tunes outdoors adding unparalleled atmosphere. Highly recommended.
5422 Northwest 7th Avenue
Miami, FL 33127-1802
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella With Clay-Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at Timo
99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at the Mahogany Grille
98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb-Basted Chicken Potpie at Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese at Pizza Volante
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
94. Caramelized Onion Quiche at La Provence
93. Huevo Frito con Patatas, Jamón y Setas at Solea
92. Side of Bone Marrow Served With Steak at BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel, South Beach
91. Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
90. Twice-baked upside-down Gruyère cheese soufflé
89. BBQ Shrimp at Red Light Little River
88. Thai Spring Rolls at The Asian Cultural Festival at Fruit and Spice Park