As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
29. Seared Mediterranean Wild Striped Bass from Palme d'Or
We bow down to the majesty that is Philippe Ruiz's seared Mediterranean wild striped bass, an elegant fish with a royal court comprising silky porcini ravioli, tangy artichoke puree, and star anise-infused brown chicken jus. It can make even a nobleman want to curtsy and faint over a sofa.
Alas, us plebians can't partake in this majestic selection until summer rolls around, so until then, we'll just play with our orbs and holy lances.
Palme d'Or at the Biltmore hotel
1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
49. Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at Bourbon Steak
48. Spicy Tuna Roll at Shoji Sushi
47. Bang Bang Shrimp at A Fish Called Avalon
46. Meatballs at Macaluso's
45. Goat Cheese Salad at Books & Books
44. Tacos al Carnitas Michoacan at Con Sabor a Mexico
43. Pan-Seared Sheepshead Fish Over Farro at Altamare
42. Deep-Fried Biscuit at the Pit Bar-B-Que
41. Joe's Stone Crab Claws
40. Fried Fish Sandwich at Alabama Jack's
39. Rotisserie Chicken at Pardo's
38. Hummus at Pita Loca
37. Pâté Sandwich at La Sandwicherie
36. Daily Bread's Falafel Platter
35. Fish & Chips at Clarke's
34. Goat Stew at Tap Tap
33. Matzo Ball Soup at Jerry's Deli