As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up
100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations
96. Calzone Brooklynese from Pizza Volante
Eating a freshly wood oven fired Brooklynese calzone from Pizza Volante is an awesomely cheesy, meatily smokey, basiley fresh, table top premium olive oiled, pile of hot pepper flakes added and, mini bucket of red sauced doused experience that is truly enjoyable.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
The pizza's good too though, so we're throwing in an honorable mention for the Pizza Cacciatorini
3819 N. Miami Ave
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
- 100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella with Clay Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at TIMO
- 99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at The Mahogany Grille
- 98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb Basted Chicken Pot Pie from Gables Diner