As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up
100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations
96. Calzone Brooklynese from Pizza Volante
Eating a freshly wood oven fired Brooklynese calzone from Pizza Volante is an awesomely cheesy, meatily smokey, basiley fresh, table top premium olive oiled, pile of hot pepper flakes added and, mini bucket of red sauced doused experience that is truly enjoyable.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
The pizza's good too though, so we're throwing in an honorable mention for the Pizza Cacciatorini
3819 N. Miami Ave
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
- 100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella with Clay Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at TIMO
- 99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at The Mahogany Grille
- 98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb Basted Chicken Pot Pie from Gables Diner