- The week started out with news that Miami was the second worst place to raise your kid. Unfortunately a stabbing at Coral Gables High proved that. In the wake of that tragedy YouTube videos surfaced that showed the school's courtyard had a history of violence. Oh, and a camera man got kicked in the stomach.
- Everyone has been loosing there heads over ACORN, and the girl who posed as a hooker to bring the nefarious anti-poverty group down is an FIU student. Her dad also happens to be a spirited pastor who is definitely not "a fat, black lesbian that hates hunting."
- In news straight out of your nightmare: a man lost his penis, and the Everglades' pythons could morph into unstoppable mutants.
- There might be something funny about Hialeah councilwoman's Katherine Cue's residence, and we don't mean her decor scheme. The guy running against her has problems of his own.
- We went to the City of Miami Mayoral debate. Everyone lost.
- Kimbo Slice had his arm sliced off by a caterpillar. Hey, if his Ultimate Fighter thing doesn't work out maybe he can wrestle at WrestleMania ...if it comes to Miami.
- Tim Hardaway made nicey nice with gay people, and then promptly had his jersey retired. This is probably because no decision involving clothes, even if it is a jersey, can be made with out consent of the gays.
- Happy 25th Anniversary Miami Vice. Here's to all you've done for us, and your kookie guest stars.
Recommended For You
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.