- Dolphins cornerback Will Allen got arrested early Saturday morning for ...ugh... driving his Ferrari drunk on Miami Beach. He was released on $1000 bail. [Herald]
- The Utah Jazz say the Heat never made a serious bid for Carlos Boozer. [DeseretNews]
- A Wade-less Heat fell to the Dallas Mavericks 97-91. [Herald]
- Hurricanes Basketball fell to Georgia Tech 77-73. [ESPN]
- But, Hurricanes Baseball started off the season going 3-0 against Rutgers in a weekend series. [Herald]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.