- The Miami-Dade government promised it would cut pay to several workers to balance the budget, but sure is taking its time doing so, which is costing millions every week. [Herald]
- Alex Sink, Democratic candidate for Governor, will headline the state's biggest gay rights group's annual gala in Ft. Lauderdale. [NakedPolitics]
- Miami CIty commissioners will have their second reading and voting on Miami 21 today. [CBS4]
- There will be a few Global Warming rallies going on in town this Saturday. [Herald]
- The city commission agreed to issue about $40 million more in bonds than was anticipated in order to build parking for the Marlins stadium. [Herald]
Recommended For You
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.