- The County Commission finally agreed to out a budget at 5 AM. In the end elderly folks still get their meals, and many community service organizations will be spared from total funding cuts. The number of proposed layoffs of county workers has also decreased, but county workers will still have to swallow deep cuts to their pay and benefits. [Herald | CBS4]
- An American Airline Flight headed out of Miami to Boston was forced to turn around after a bomb note was found on board. The plane was searched, the airline isn't confirming or denying that anything suspicious was found. [AP | CNN]
- Six different students at six different public schools were arrested yesterday for having weapons on campus. Police found a loaded .38 revolver, a box cutter, knives, and a Taser. [Herald]
- The Heat are retiring Tim Hardaway's #10. [SunSent]
- A man in Opa-locka was at a BK drive through just trying to get a whopper when two men armed with AK-47s started shooting him. He then drove himself to the hospital. [Herald]
Recommended For You
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.