- As part of his punishment, a 22-year-old Cutler Bay man who somehow stole a 120-ton train has been ordered to stay away from railroads. [SunSent]
- The City of Miami and the police union have reached a tentative deal that should keep cops on the street while effectively dealing with the city's budget woes. [NBCMiami]
- FIU continues to nickel-and-dime its students -- this time by charging five dollars for some graduation guests. [Herald]
- The Dolphins begin the season 0-3, losing against the Chargers 23-12. [PBPost]
- Meanwhile, QB Chad Pennington has been sidelined with a shoulder injury. No word yet on how long it could keep him off the field. [JustNews]
- The Hurricanes fell nine spots in the AP poll after Saturday's disastrous game, but Randy Shannon is taking the team back to basics this week, teaching them how to do things such as "tackle." [AP]
- A couple was found dead in South Miami-Dade. Police suspect murder-suicide. [Herald]
Recommended For You
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!