- Some guy hijacked a taxi on Alton, then drove west up the eastbound lanes of the MacArthur Causeway. Police shot him. He's dead. The road was shut down. [SunSent]
- The Herald and CBS4 are so hungry for Cat Killer fodder that they've sued to get sealed information about the arrest released. [Herald]
- The state found Medicare is paying for loads of equipment in Miami-Dade that doesn't actually exist. This is called fraud, and they will crack down on it. [SFBJ]
- Who will sit on the Miami Beach City council next November and do they enjoy a good game of musical chairs? [The Lead]
- The family of the Miami's first swine flu victim says he was a healthy boy who didn't have asthma. [NBC6]
- Convicted manslaughterer Donte Stallworth has been suspended by the Browns indefinitely. [AP]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.