With all the talk of Occupy this and Occupy that, people have been a little hesitant to flaunt their wealth in 2011.
Richer, please! It's time to put that P.C. bullshit to bed and ring in the New Year as your great-grandfather, John D. Rockefeller, would have wanted. You know, by spending obscene amounts of money for mere minutes of intangible pleasure.
This is Miami and it's time to let your millionaire flag fly like you're majority owner of the New Jersey Nets and married to Beyoncé. And we're not talking about a couple hundred for general admission to some third-rate hotel's open bar.
See the cut for Miami's most expensive New Year's Eve parties.
5. Rev. Run. Saturday, December 31, 9 p.m., Shore Club Hotel, 1901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-695-3100; shoreclub.com. Tickets via newyearseve.morganshotelgroup.com. The Run-D.M.C. co-founder might be the biggest bargain from this bunch. But for $5,000, you still get one hell of party, featuring a live DJ set by the hip-hop legend, a bed at the pool-area SkyBar for 12 people, three bottles of Grey Goose vodka, and three bottles of Perrier- Jouët Grand Brut.
4. Axwell. Saturday, December 31, 9 p.m., Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-538-2000; fontainebleau.com. Tickets via fbnye.snaptickets.com. If you always wanted to be part of a Mafia, just buy into the brotherhood. For $25,000, you and 15 friends can play the part of Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso while a real Mafia member, Axwell, spins a few feet from your table. The Swedish Side Stage table also includes all the booze needed to make it seem like you're actually partying in Sweden, including four magnum bottles each of Belvedere and Dom Perignon.
3. Afrojack. Saturday, December 31, 6 p.m., WET at W South Beach, 2201 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-938-3000; wsouthbeach.com. Tickets via nyewsouthbeach.com. Hanging out with the Dutch DJ responsible for megahits like Chris Brown's "Look at Me Now" and Pitbull's "Give Me Everything" will only cost $300, if you're willing to spend NYE with the plebs. For the real baller, there's a $25,000 VIP package that includes a private section for 30 people, a personal server, prime location at the front of the stage, and 16 bottles of premium liquor.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
2. EC Twins. Saturday, December 31, 9 p.m., SET Nightclub, 320 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-531-2800; setmiami.com. Tickets via theopiumgroup.com/nye2012. Experience true house music bliss with this L.A.-via-England duo's Winners Circle VIP package. For $30,000, 30 people can enjoy transportation to and from SET, ten magnum bottles of Dom Pérignon, five magnum bottles of Belvedere, and three bottles of Patrón.
1. Rick Ross. Saturday, December 31, 7 p.m., Cameo, 1445 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-2667; cameomiami.com. Tickets via theopiumgroup.com/nye2012. If you're planning to party it up Magic City-style on New Year's Eve, you might as well go for broke -- literally. But don't worry, when you drop $100,000, the Bawse is going to make sure you get your money's worth: a 25-person table, 50 bottles of Moët Rosé, five bottles of Belvedere, and five bottles of Patrón Platinum. Plus, that cool 100 grand's gonna make you a temporary part of Ross's posse as you and a guest get to spend a night at the recording studio with the Teflon Don.