It's going to be a long weekend, whether or not you plan to get all up in the Memorial Day craziness. Here are some classy liquid opportunities to wind up before ....or down after...
Body Mind and Planet: The Bar at Level 25 now has weekday happy hours that flaunt culturally relevant rather than cheesy themes. Skinny Thursdays kicks off May 28 from 5 - 8 p.m. (1395 Brickell Ave, (305) 503-6500.) It's anything but slim pickings at the under-200-calorie affair. Look for Skim Rose, Thin Fresh and Light Squeeze cocktails and the Beach-Ready menu ($6-$10) -- deemed a "low-cal take on savory gastro-pub fare." Start salivating, because Short Order's giving you a first glimpse of the menu...
- Petite Beef Sliders with pickles on a sesame seed bun
- Florida Seafood Ceviche Shooters with fresh key lime and crispy plantain chips
- Mini Ahi Tuna Tacos with avocado cream in crisp wonton chips
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon with frisse and chervil salad and mustard vinaigrette
Meat and Greet at Meat Market: The sexiest steakhouse in town is getting in a summer state of mind with a new Happy Hour every Friday from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m (915 Lincoln Road, (305) 532-0088.) Two-for-one deals on oysters and shrimp from the Crudo Bar and these signature cocktails (by gm and bar chef Sonny Gorushanovich):
- 915 Spicy Mango Martini - mango-infused vodka, mint, mango puree and dragon chili
- Cucumber Mojito - cucumber-infused vodka, strawberries, basil, mint and sugar
- Bohemian Delight - grilled pineapple-infused vodka, coconut-infused pomegranate glaze and pomegranate liquor
- Martini de Chevre - Chevre d'or cheese-infused vodka, lemon grass, pink and black peppercorns, fennel, dry vermouth and blue cheese olives
- Passion Lychee Martini - orange and citrus flavored vodkas, lychee juice, passion fruit puree, Cointreau and Chambord
- Moulin Rouge - vodka, Cointreau, Chambord, pineapple, orange and lemon juices and orange bitters
- Market Caipirinha - cachaca, wild berries, mint, brown sugar, fresh lime and lemon-lime soda.